Sunday, April 13, 2008

surviving Stangl



A "Jersey girl" by birth, I guess maybe that's part of the reason I like both melmac Boontonware and Stangl dinnerware -- New Jersey is the common denominator!

Stangl is known for artware, figurines(such as Stangl birds), and hand-painted dinnerware, often in floral or fruit patterns.

Stangl had a factory in Trenton, which I believe was the origin of the pictured pieces, which are the "Apple Delight" pattern. This creamer, sugar bowl, and divided serving dish are practically all that remain from the full set of "Apple Delight" that my mother had from the 1960s. I also have (not pictured) her gravy boat in this pattern. My mother used this Stangl for her everyday dishes: the plates broke many years ago, and these less-used serving pieces survived. As I like to mix and match, I often use them with my other dishes.

No comments: