Saturday, May 3, 2008

curbside Pyrex



I think I may take up jogging. Or at least walking briskly in other neighborhoods.

My friend and neighbor, "M", was jogging by some homes several miles from our own neighborhood, when the glint of something bright orange/yellow caused her to investigate.

Curbside with the trash, in front of a house with a 'For sale' sign, was a laundry basket full of kitchen items, including the pictured stash of Pyrex. Good thing her husband was home and could bring the car over to pick up the "trash" before the garbage/recycling trucks came.

What caught her eye were the sunny shades of a set of Pyrex casseroles with the flower lids--these are from the Daisy line, circa 1960s. Also included were a set of six "pixie" 10 oz. casserole dishes...very cute and in great condition.

3 comments:

Retromodgirl said...

That is just wrong that anyone could throw these out. Awesome find!!

Eclectic Mishmash - totally unfocused. said...

Whoa. Seriously. What is wrong with people. Sometimes I wonder how much lovely, wonderful, antique stuff goes to the landfills, also. Gosh. I think Antiques Roadshow got me thinking about the possibilities.

I enjoy your blog and love Pyrex! I think I found this site from a comment on another blog. Thanks for the pictures! PA seems like a mecca of vintage stuffs. I'm heading there in Sept. and hope to pick up some nice things!

Anonymous said...

love your blog. i have 8 pyrex bowls (i just started collecting a year ago and am super thrifty) but also have a treasure trove available from my mother and grandmother...cant believe someone threw that set out!!!