Sunday, February 24, 2008

ten cent find!



What can you buy with a dime? For me, it was this 1 1/2 quart refrigerator dish in the "Snowflake Blue" pattern.

Several years ago, I was checking out a large yard sale in an older neighborhood. Other neighbors had also started impromptu sales on their lawns, as the one big advertised sale was generating much interest and traffic.

One of these offspring yard sales certainly looked quite meager: the homeowner had put a sheet on his lawn on which he had placed only a handful of items.
The blue Snowflake dish appeared pristine with its strong color and lack of scratches. "Ten cents," he said when I picked it up, and a sale was made.

This piece dates from the 1960s, and I've seen the pattern also referred to as "Garland." Great for reheating dinner for two.

1 comment:

linda t said...

Ten cents!!! Wow! You scored!
And one of my favorite patterns too!