Friday, January 25, 2008

Aqua rules!



My 1 qt casserole is the Butterprint pattern, sometimes referred to as the "Amish" print. Definitely, aqua is one of my favorite Pyrex colors. I think it's because it 'brings me back' to my family's suburban ranch-style house in Parsippany, NJ. Back then, in the mid60s, aqua "ruled" in my mother's kitchen. I can remember her bright aqua oven and rangetop.

I bought this casserole at a Goodwill thrift store off Route 309 in Quakertown, PA in 2007. No matter that the lid was missing: for a dollar, it was a "find." I had been to this Goodwill a number of times previously... didn't expect to find any Pyrex because this shop is heavy on clothing items and has a rather small household section.

4 comments:

Middle of the Pack said...

Cute blog! I love the title--very clever. I'll definitely be checking in again.

linda t said...

You got it! Aqua rules!

Brenda said...

This is probably my favorite because my mom also had these. I haven't been able to find any.

Jan said...

I love this blog! I've loved Pyrex for ages! And now, I finally know what pattern my Mom's nesting bowls are - Butterprint!