Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Flower Power!


In December 2007, I found myself in the Impact Thrift Store in a shopping center in East Norriton, PA. There was a preholiday 30% sale off all items, so I browsed the approximately six or seven aisles that were devoted to a mixture of knickknacks and kitcheny stuff. Saw a good amount of Corningware, but not much Pyrex. Then I noticed the pictured Cinderella-style bowl and purchased it for a couple of dollars after the discount. Identified it through Barbara E. Mauzy's Pyrex Guide as the Spring Blossom pattern, circa 1960s.

Some Pyrex TV trivia: Shortly after buying this particular bowl, I happened to be watching a rerun of the sitcom “All in the Family” on late night TV. Edith was serving a family dinner, and the Bunkers were passing the food around the table in a set of the Pyrex Spring Blossom bowls.

No comments: